NBDD: Power protection through rotary UPS
For many areas of industry, the reliable supply of power is a vital prerequisite to successful products and services. In highly specialised sectors, such as the chemical, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industry, the ability to fulfil stringent quality criteria and honour delivery deadlines is directly contingent on a high-quality, stable and uninterruptible power supply. U POWER UPS systems have been proven worldwide to guarantee the performance demanded of production facilities in these industries.
UPS power supply
The HITZINGER No-break Dynamic Diesel (NBDD) system offers a rigid flywheel, rotating at a constant speed, that is directly mounted on the alternator shaft. This type of UPS system is often refererred to as rotary uninterruptible power supply.
In the event of a mains failure, stored energy from the flywheel is used to bridge the time until the diesel engine is able to supply and take over the consumers.
UPS power protection
Highly developed and specialised industrial sectors, such as the chemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor or manufacturing industries, rely on sophisticated, sensitive and complex processes. Even a brief loss of power can result in contamination and production losses. Thus downtimes can have major financial impacts.
Industrial Power: NBDD Rotary UPS in use
HITZINGER NBDD industrial UPS systems are the preferred choice for uninterruptible power supply when it comes to the specific requirements from industrial corporations. The industrial sector, be it chemical industries, pharmaceutical companies, computer parts manufacturers or production lanes, benefit especially from our rotary UPS systems for continuous power supply and reliable power protection.
International references testify to our many years of experience and comprehensive expertise. Our team will be happy to advise you, even as early as the preparation phase. We plan and realise tailor-made solutions.
- Stabilisation and filtering to protect consumers from harmonic oscillations, voltage peaks, voltage drops and frequency faults.
- Cutting edge engine technology ensures low-polluting emissions of our systems. As an option, our systems can also be designed for optimum fuel economy.
- Hitzinger alternators generate voltages of up to 11 kV independently, which offers benefits such as low losses and greater reliability thanks to minimisation of components and absence of step-up transformers.
- Preventive system protection for prolonged service life, system monitoring, coil temperature monitoring, vibration monitoring, …
- No downtimes/all but the most essential maintenance is eliminated by automatic lubrication systems, special engine air cleaners and fuel filters that can be switched over during operation.
- As a general contractor, we are able to realise complete turnkey projects, including aspects such as engineering, execution planning, production with subsequent factory approval, delivery and local installation.
- Efficiency-optimised version with up to 97 % for lowest running costs and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) with respect to system service life.
- Redundant start-up. In the worst case scenario where the starter batteries fail or the starter is defective, a back-up solution brings the engine up to speed and the system continues to guarantee an uninterrupted supply to critical consumers.
- “Black start”: In the absence of a grid voltage, the system can be put into operation by use of batteries or air starters – nothing should prevent the supply of power to your consumers.
- EMC-tested, longlife modular controller, 15.4-inch touchpanel with intuitive user menu navigation.
Variants and options
- Container version
- Enclosed version
- Air-start systems
- Redundancy variants (system-/controller-redundant,..)
- Comprehensive communications interfaces (Profibus, Profinet, Modbus,..)
- Circuit breaker variants including 3-pole, 4-pole, plug-in technology,…
- Manual bypass
- Remote maintenance access to information on current system state via W-LAN
- Touchpanel for displaying complete system
- Comprehensive and specially tailored customer-specific factory approvals and training
- Extended periods of warranty